Friday, February 13, 2015

Goodbye, Father Dear



Leland B. Norwood, 1920-2015
This week I said goodbye to my dear Dad, Lee Norwood.  He was 94 and his body just said I have to stop now.  Dad was admitted to Torrance Memorial Medical Center in Lomita, CA, on Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015.  He hadn't been feeling well for the past week or so, and his doctor sent him to the ER that day.  I had just come home from a conference in Chicago at midnight the night before, but when I got a phone call I hurried down to the hospital in Lomita.  Thus began a week of commuting from Sylmar to Lomita every day.  In ICU the doctors and nurses did everything they could, and it was a lot!  But by Saturday morning we knew the truth.

I rallied the troops and all Dad's closest family and friends were at his side to the end. I know this was God's plan for my Dad, and it was the best it could be.  On Saturday we visited with Dad and talked to him a lot. I could tell he understood us because he looked at each one of us.  His spirit went home to be with the Lord about 7 pm that evening.

Dad and Ruth on her 90th birthday




Christmas Day 2014 at the Ratliffs' in Sylmar 

Right, Lee and Angela Norwood
Bottom left, me and Dad
Bottom right, Ruth, me, Dad, Angela and Mike

My birthday party 2012
Everett, Mike, Megan and Lee
Lee's birthday party 2012
Lee and daughter-in-law Judy Metoyer
Lee and dear friend, Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home